- Montréal 2024
The Enhance Fullstack Workshop is designed for developers. You will learn how to build a full-stack web application (client and server) using Enhance powered by Node.js, and AWS. You'll leave with the skills required to construct multi-page dynamic web apps that leverage the platform while avoiding so-called "modern" tools that layer on complexity and unnecessary weight.
You'll start by learning about Enhance's HTML first approach, how it works and what problems it helps you avoid. Then we'll proceed through several hands-on learning activities for building a modern web application complete with a UI built from web components, a serverless API layer, and a cloud-managed database.
- Leveraging HTML-first (i.e. Progressive Enhancement) development to build rock-solid web applications.
- Building reusable UI components that leverage the web platform (Web Components)
- Working with static assets (S3)
- Creating server-side API’s for providing data to your client application (AWS Lambda)
- Handling authentication with sessions
- Deploying to AWS on easy mode
- 1 day
- 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- 1 hour lunch break included at the hotel's restaurant
- 15 min coffee break every morning and afternoon
The whole workshop will be delivered in English by a English native speaking trainer.
Each attendee is required to bring their own laptop equipped with the at least the following software configuration:
- A CLI, Terminal (Mac OS) or Command Prompt/Power Shell (Windows)
- An IDE of their choice that they are most comfortable with (VS Code highly recommended)
Please be advised that the trainer will make his best to accommodate everyone’s technical requirements at the beginning of the workshop but without any guarantee according to the number of participants. In order for everyone to take the most of this training, we strongly advised each attendee to check their software configuration before the first day of the workshop takes place.