- Montréal 2015
Originally created for the internal needs of the french SensioLabs company, the Symfony framework has been open sourced in 2005 to become the one of the most famous PHP frameworks for building professionnal web applications. It's already used and supported by a growing PHP developers community from many well known Open Source projects such as Drupal, phpBB, Doctrine, Composer, Silex, Behat or eZ Publish.
This workshop is targeted to developers who already have some practical experience with the Symfony framework.
In only two days of intensively practicing Symfony with a SensioLabs Symfony Certified expert, this workshop will guide you into the understanding of some of the most interesting and advanced features of the Symfony framework. The training will also focus on designing RESTful & HATEOAS web services with Symfony and the community bundles.
Advanced Symfony Techniques
- Optimizing the service container with compiler passes
- Decoupling code with the Event Dispatcher
- Fine grained authorizations with security voters
- Extending forms with events & listeners, data transformers and form type extensions
HTTP & REST Architecture
- Reminders about HTTP
- Discovering the REST architecture
- Defining URLs & and choosing HTTP verbs
- Understanding HTTP response status codes
Designing REST APIs with Symfony
- Creating a RESTful controllers with FOSRestBundle
- Serializing data to JSON and XML with JMSSerializerBundle
- Generating the API documentation with NelmioApiDocBundle
- Making the API HATEOAS compliant with BazingaHateoasBundle
- Securing the REST API with WSSE authentication with EscapeWSSEAuthenticationBundle
- Writing functional tests to validate the REST API