- Montreal 2018
Duration: 2 days.
Date: March 5-6, 2018.
Everyone tells you that you need to test. You know the theory, but you don't know where to begin. What to test? What cases to write? PHPUnit is a testing framework for PHP that offers many ways to automate testing. Through realistic and pragmatic examples, this presentation will take you away from echo or var_dump and ease you into the testing business.
This hands-on training will cover the following topics:
- Manual vs automated tests.
- Writing and executing unit tests.
- The three steps towards TDD.
- Testing controllers.
- Analyzing HTML output.
- Testing forms and file uploads.
- Testing REST APIs.
- Testing in the browser.
- Creating realistic scenarios.
- Organizing the test suite.
- Metrics and code coverage.
- Continuous Integration.
- Code review and quality assurance processes.
- Selling tests to your superior.