- Montreal 2020
Kubernetes is a very powerful container orchestration platform that is quickly gaining traction and gives you lots of benefits in deploying, running and scaling your microservice web application. But it has also a steep learning curve. In this workshop, you will deploy your first application which consists of multiple Micro-Services to Kubernetes and learn how you can use persistent storage and service meshes and set up sensible monitoring and logging tooling.
- Building of docker images for web applications
- Kubernetes Deployments
- Production grade deployments
- (Auto)Scaling of Kubernetes Deployments
- ConfigMaps and Secrets
- LoadBalancers, Nginx Ingress Controller, DNS & Let’s Encrypt certificates
- Databases and Persistent Storage in Kubernetes
- Package Management in Kubernetes with Helm
- Service Discovery in Kubernetes
- Service Meshes
- Monitoring with Prometheus and Grafana in Kubernetes
- Central Log Management with ElasticSearch and Kibana
- Role Based Access Control
Bastian is a System Engineer at SysEleven, a full-service hosting company, where he focuses on bringing the power of Kubernetes to its customers. Before that he was caring about performance, monitoring, web-security and developer productivity at ResearchGate, the leading social network for researchers and scientists. When he is not developing stuff or looking at graphs, he likes to cycle, do Yoga, go to beer gardens and speaks at international conferences on Kubernetes and DevOps topics.